Deadline for submissions: 31st January, 2016
Caine Prize is an annual award for the best short story published by an African Writer.
Are you African? Have you published any short story between 3000 - 10,000 words long with the past one year? Then you are elligible to apply for the seventeenth edition of the Caine Prize..
Other Conditions for Eligibility include
* Unpublished works are not eligible for the Caine Prize.
* Submissions should be made by publishers only.
* Only one story per author will be considered in any one year.
* The Organisers require 6 copies of the work in its originally published version.
If the work is published in a book or journal, send at least one copy of the book / journal and five photocopies;
but particularly where several stories are submitted from one anthology they would prefer, if possible to receive six copies of the book / journal
* If the work is published online, they require six photocopies.
* Only fictional work is eligible.
To Enter, publishers are expected to post
six hard copies of the story for consideration to:
The Caine Prize for African Writing
The Menier Gallery
Menier Chocolate Factory
51 Southwark Street
London SE1 1RU
Submissions should be sent with a letter from the publisher showing a brief biography of the writer. Publisher must specify the writer's country of origin.
For more information, VISIT the Caine Prize Website.