FEMRITE is calling for submissions for the 6th Residency for African
Women Writers which will be co-hosted with the Swedish literary magazine
Karavan, in October 2014.
The 10-Day Writing Residency aims to give women writers space to reflect on their writing, connect with one another, read each others’
manuscripts and give feedback, interact with established writers and
build literary bridges across cultures of the continent. The residency is also aimed at strengthening collaboration among women writers’ initiatives in Africa.
Who is eligible?
Any African woman writer who lives on the Continent and needs such space and able to write & express themselves in English.
How to Submit;
· Send part of a novel / short story collection that you would
like to work on during the residency (4000 Words Approximately)
· Send one complete short story (Minimum 3000 words) for the 6th Regional Residency Publication.
· Brief bio (half page - name, country, writing related accomplishments/ interests)
Deadline for submissions is 15th March 2014
The residency will cover;
* Return Air tickets
* Accommodation and all meals for the period of the residency
· Successful applicants will be notified by 30th May 2014.
For further inquiries and submissions, please emai
Labels: 6th Femrite Regional Residency, Femrite regional womane writers residency, Residency for Women Writers