Kalahari Review is interested in material exploring Africa and Africans in unique and avant-garde ways. They are looking for unique stories told in original voices. They are also interested in pieces about (and from) Africans residing abroad.
Kalahari Review is a new literary magazine in Botswana. And the Editors hope to push the limits and expose the world to the aspects of Africa not often shown - both the positives and the negatives.
Kalahari review is a web-based publication and there are no word count restrictions.
Compensation will be paid on publication.
All submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiction, Poetry, Essays, and Humor pieces: Should be sent as a PDF or WORD attachment and should be accompanied by a proper query letter. Kindly include your contact details including full name, postal address, e-mail and telephone number in the body of the query letter.
- Photos, Art Work and Cartoons Portfolios: Should be sent as a PDF, JPG. or PNG attachments and should be accompanied by a proper query letter. Ensure that you include your contact details: full name, postal address, e-mail and telephone number in the body of the query letter. (Note: this area particularly the publication is interested only in avant-garde content. They are not interested in ordinary wildlife or landscapes. Portraits will be considered if they have a unique quality to them.)
- Feature articles, Profiles, Conversations and Interviews: Please attach your pitch letters as a PDF or WORD attachment. Please include any photos or graphic illustrations that you feel would help your pitch. Please include your contact details including full name, postal address, e-mail and telephone number in the body of the letter.
- Thoroughly check your submissions for proper formatting, grammar and punctuation. Gross errors in these areas will hinder the chances of manuscripts consideration for publication.
- Kindly ensure that query letters are properly written.
- No deadlines were mentioned in the original publication. However, interested writers are advised to submit their works as soon as possible as the magazine may be launched on April 1, 2012.
Labels: African literary journals, Call for Submissions (Lifestyle), Kalahari review, Kalahari Review Looking For Submissions